Totally Gorgeous wishes you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2013!!
As we approach the end of 2012 and look to the beginning of 2013, we would like to thank all of our Totally Gorgeous clients for their support. We look forward to continuing to provide you with high quality beauty treatments and services into the new year and beyond.
Traditionally New Year is a time for Resolutions, however interestingly this year, many people are ditching the traditional resolutions in favour of more modern resolutions such as reading more, saving money and learning to use their gadgets better, although one of the all-time favourites of losing weight still manages to make it high on the list.
Here is a list of the top 40 resolutions for 2013, from research commissioned by LA Fitness.
TOP 40 RESOLUTIONS FOR 2013
1. Read more books
2. Save more money
3. Lose weight
5. Take better photos
6. I want to go travelling
7. I want to sell old stuff I don't need on eBay
8. Buy a tablet
9. Organise photos – either get them printed, and/or delete poor ones and save good pics
10. Do something for charity
11. Spend more time with kids
12. Buy a Sunday paper
13. Less TV time
14. Connect my computer to my TV
15. Leave work on time more often
16. Less time on Facebook
17. Totally revamp my wardrobe
18. Try a new hairstyle
19. Get a six pack
20. Eat less chocolate
21. Socialise more in real life rather than Facebook
22. Drink less alcohol
23. Buy less coffee from Starbucks/big chains
24. Start my own business
25. Tell someone I have feelings for them
26. Quit smoking
27. Gain a promotion
28. Learn how to use Twitter
29. Run a half marathon or full marathon
30. Call people more than text
31. Cut someone out of my life who isn't good for me
32. Meet online contacts in real life
33. Watch less reality TV
34. Text people less
35. I want to try to save my relationship
36. Try extreme sports
37. Get better at social networking
38. Stop contacting/ going back to an ex-partner
39. Have a face to face with my boss to find out where I stand
40. Do a bungee jump
The trend in long-term targets for the New Year, rather than typical resolutions comes after seven in ten people say they feel the old resolutions are a waste of time and never stuck to.
Indeed, the average person will break their new year's resolution in just under five weeks.
The biggest aims we Brits shared were to feel physically fitter, followed by less stress, and feeling happier and more secure overall.
Looking good on the outside and feeling good on the inside are always going to be on the wish list so it's good to take that drive we have at the start of the year and focus it on long-term changes that really last.
When it comes to health and physical well-being, quick fixes will at best disappoint – the best improvements are most likely to be seen through long-term commitment and gradual change.
On this point, we would like to wish you all happiness and success in the coming year and just a little reminder to watch out for the fad diets and slimming trends you may come across.
Totally Gorgeous wishes you a Healthy, Happy and Prosperous 2013.
We would love to hear what you think; What are your New Year Resolutions for 2013? Has the survey got it right? Please leave your comments below.